XSIM18TIM // Transfer Medicine Simulation Course // 13th April 2018 Course Full
Friday, 13th April – Friday, 13th April 2018
East of England
Transfer Medicine Simulation Course
This course aims to:
- Introduce the basics of inter-hospital transfers of critically ill patients
- Promote safety and increase confidence of staff involved in transfers
- Practice management of potential crisis associated with inter-hospital transfers using simulation
- Meet the learning objectives for Transfer Medicine as set out by the 2010 Royal College of Anaesthetists curriculum (Annex C)
This course is designed specifically for
Anyone with limited experience in inter-hospital transfer of ventilated patients:
- ACCS or Anaesthetics CT1-ST4 equivalent
- Emergency Medicine or Intensive Care (ICM) ST3-4 equivalent
- ED or ITU Nurses
- Anyone who may escort inter-hospital transfers of ventilated patients
Numbers are limited to 12 candidates (maximum of 6 nurses) per course.
The course is scheduled to run from 09:15 - 16:30 with registration beginning at 09:00.
Catering and refreshments are provided on this course.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the course you will need to log in to the website with your username and password. If you do not have a username and password you will need to register first.
Once you have logged in please click Apply at the top of this page to apply for this course. If no Apply button is visible the course is full.
Please check that the email address you have signed up to the website with is the correct email address before making your application as this is the address your confirmation details and pre-course material will be sent to.
The course is free for all East of England NHS Staff. To reserve your place please provide your card details over the phone to be held as a deposit. The deposit cost is £50, this will only be cashed in the event of non-attendance as below.
The fee for external candidates is £185.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Your place is not held or confirmed until you provide your deposit details or make payment. You will need to contact us over the phone on 01223 348 100 once you have completed your application via this website. You will receive an automated confirmation email once we have confirmed your place.
Please be advised that your course fee is refundable for up to 14 days following your application. Thereafter course fees are non-refundable.
If you have any queries or problems which are not answered above, please contact the Simulation Administrator on 01223 348 100 or via the Enquiries box to the right.