JUNIOR STUDY LEAVE
HEE have amended the current study leave allocation, (per training post) to the Trust, from £600 to £400 per annum with effect from the 1st August 2017.
If your Study Leave application is for more than £400 please continue to send in your application for the full amount required, but be aware that at the moment PGMC will only be able to process approvals and claims up to the amount of £400 per trainee. For requests greater than £400 the PGMC will retain a copy of your paperwork on file and seek advice from HEE and CUH regarding any additional funding.
We have added a link, to a list of TPD's / Head of Schools, located on the right hand side of this page. You should contact them to seek guidance and advice on whether your application falls under the approved list of Curriculum based / Mandatory courses.
Requirements of the study leave process:
- Study leave applications MUST be signed by your Educational Supervisor and Consultant (Juniors), SDU Director (Consultants) BEFORE submitting to the PGMC
- Applications should reach the PGMC 6 weeks prior to the meeting date.
- Approval/rejection letters will be sent or emailed to you, along with a claim form if applicable
- If you have not received approval ONE week before the required leave date, please call the PGMC to check that your application has been received and is being processed
- Completed claim forms should be returned, with all the appropriate receipts, within ONE month of attending the meeting/course
- Reimbursements will be made via your monthly salary
- The study leave funding given to Addenbrooke’s can only be applied for by clinicians working in Addenbrooke’s and your contract date must cover the period in which you are taking the study leave.
If you have any further queries please contact the PGMC Study Leave Administrator, Mrs Jill Hodges. tel: 01223 217105, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org